CirrusHQ is a rapidly growing managed services provider based in Livingston. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS), Advanced Consulting and Channel partner, working with a diverse group of clients who expect the highest standards of service.
Due to continued growth, we have an immediate vacancy for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team, managing AWS based systems, assisting customers in migrating existing solutions to AWS and designing new AWS based architectures.
The role offers flexible working including the ability to work on a remote basis up to 3 days per week.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and build of AWS based solutions
- Day to day management of customer servers
- Working directly with our customers on a daily basis.
- Providing excellent levels of customer service.
- Participation in a 24/7 on call rota (after initial probationary period)
- Keeping up to date with AWS best practice and developments.
- Occasional attendance at client meetings.
You will need:
- Previous experience in using Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years experience of administering Linux servers
- Command line configuration/troubleshooting knowledge
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work on your own initiative and as a part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
Experience of the following would be highly desirable:
- AWS CloudFormation
- Puppet/Chef configuration management
- AWS Lambda
- AWS certifications, at associate or professional level.
- Experience in system architecture design, particularly AWS related.