Our audit services cover the 5 pillars of the AWS well architected framework, Security, Reliability, Performance, Cost Optimisation and Operational Excellence.
We help customers understand the AWS Shared Responsibility Model and the best practices that should be followed to keep your infrastructure secure and stable.
Our AWS certified engineers will review your current and/or planned infrastructure and work with you to ensure your systems are secure and correctly monitored.
Our reliability audit is designed to help you achieve reliable AWS based systems that can be managed with minimal effort.
To achieve this we employ the following 5 design principles:
- Testing of recovery procedures
- Automatic recover from failure
- Horizontal scaling to increase aggregate system availability
- Automatic capacity management
- Change managed through automation
Our performance audit covers four specific areas:
- Selecting which AWS services are best suited to your application
- Reviewing new AWS services and features to ensure that the services you use are still the best choice
- Monitoring your infrastructure is operating as expected
- Optimisation of cost vs speed and availability to match your business needs
One of the biggest benefits of AWS is the pay as you go pricing model which can help you lower costs significantly.
Because of the pay as you go structure, it can be complex to understand where your costs are being incurred and where savings can be made. Developed by our in house team, our billing analysis software allows you to drill down costs and identify expenditure.
Our detailed knowledge of the AWS pricing model allows us to work with you to identify cost savings, based upon four best practice areas:
- Cost-effective resources
- Matching supply and demand
- Expenditure awareness
- Optimising over time
Our operational excellence audit is based around 6 design principles, ensuring that unexpected issues are kept to a minimum and uptime is maximised:
- Infrastructure as code
- Aligning operations processes to business objectives
- Continuous deployment
- Test for responses to unexpected events
- Continuous improvement of operational activities
- Standardised operations procedures and response plans